Southern New England offers some of the most beautiful and scenic sailing areas in the United States. Departing from Newport, many cruising options are available:
- Northbound is Narragansett Bay, the center of Rhode Island, that has many miles of beautiful coast line and many ports of call.
- To the South is Point Judith, Block Island and Montauk, N.Y.
- Eastbound offers incredible cruising opportunities and quaint harbors through Buzzards Bay, Elizabeth Islands, Martha’s Vineyard, Nantucket and the southern shores of Cape Cod.
- To the West lies beautiful historic cruising locations such as Westerly, R.I., Fishers Island, N.Y. and the North Fork of Long Island, N.Y.
- Or keep Newport, R.I has your home port. Explore everything Newport has to offer on land while enjoying a sail and an overnight stay or two on AlyKat.
We like to refer to the wind forecast to dictate what our destination will be, however, we will obviously accommodate any specific destination requests that you may have.
Want to learn more about where AllyKat has sailed? Read about them in our Ship’s (b)Log.