- Sunscreen. Non-spray only please.
- Jacket. It is usually much cooler on the water, and can be chilly even when it seems hot in town.
- Bathing Suit and Towel if you plan to go swimming
- Drinks and Food. We have light snacks and water on board.There are many places to pick up sandwiches or let us know if you would like us to cater your lunch. We have a modest refrigerator and a chest freezer on board, and can provide a cooler if you let us know in advance.
- Footware. In order to protect the boat we ask that our guests remove their shoes upon boarding.
Overnight and multi-day sails will of course require you to pack extra items. Please be aware that electrical items like hairdryers should be left at home; phone chargers are fine. The boat generates its own power using solar and wind and we want to conserve our energy usage for things like radio, navigation equipment, lights, and refrigeration.
Getting to the Boat
AlyKat is on a mooring in Newport Harbor. Oldport Launch provides convenient and comfortable transportation to the mooring. The launch leaves from Sayer’s Warf between the Newport Yachting Center and Bannister’s Warf.
As in most towns with thriving tourism, Newport parking can be… tricky. The City of Newport has kindly created a parking map for your convenience.